TQLUserGuide » History » Version 5
Paula Gearon, 07/08/2008 05:51 AM
|1||1||Alex Hall -||
= TQL User Guide =
TQL is an interpreted command and query language useful for managing a Mulgara server. It provides a higher-level interface for executing commands than that of the [wiki:UserAPI Connection API], although the two interfaces expose roughly the same features. There are several methods of executing TQL commands (these are listed in descending order from highest to lowest-level API):
* Using the interactive iTQL shell (this is useful for general development and debugging purposes).
* A series of TQL commands may be collected into a script file and run as a batch process.
* The `ItqlInterpreterBean` interface provides a Java API for automatically parsing and executing TQL commands.
* The `TqlInterpreter` interface may be used to parse TQL commands into a `Command` object, which may then be executed via the [wiki:UserAPI Connection API]. This requires the most coding, but also gives the greatest control over the process.
== TQL Features ==
The following is a (still incomplete) list of query and management capabilities provided by TQL:
* [wiki:Alias Alias] - Create and view namespace aliases.
|13||1||Alex Hall -||
* [wiki:BackupRestore Backup/Restore] - Back up and restore the entire contents of a Mulgara server.
* [wiki:Comment Comment(#)] - Comments in the language.
* [wiki:Commit Commit] - Commits modifications in a transaction.
* [wiki:Create Create] - Create a new graph.
|17||1||Alex Hall -||
* [wiki:ExportLoad Export/Load] - Move data into (`load`) and out of (`export`) a graph stored on a Mulgara server, to and from external RDF files.
'''Note:''' Prior to Mulgara 2.0, the `backup` command was overloaded to back up individual graphs as well as the entire server. In the latest version, the feature to back up an individual graph has been moved to the `export` command.